Thursday, February 8, 2007

Pain


I have heard countless sermons and devotionals on how Jesus feels our pain. He understands and knows how we are feeling when we suffer because he went through the same things when he was here on earth. And I know many times upon hearing those messages I thought "Does Jesus really know?" Could he have possibily felt EXACTLY what I am feeling in my particular situation? And since he was God he probably didn't feel nearly as much pain because God is strong!

But Jesus was human too and he felt a lot!

As I read Matthew 26:69-75 last night I knew Jesus felt a lot pain in his life here on earth.

This scripture passage speaks of when Peter, a close friend and disciple of Jesus, denies that he even knows Jesus. I could almost feel the slap that Jesus must have felt across his face the first time Peter said "I don't know the man". I could almost feel that sharp pain in my chest that Jesus must have felt the second time Peter said "I don't know the man". And I could almost feel the sickness in my stomach and the shortness of breath that Jesus must have felt on that final blow " I don't know the man".



Have you ever had someone say hurtful things about you? PAIN
Have you ever had someone you love leave your side? PAIN
Have you ever had someone look at you like they don't even know you? PAIN
Have you ever had someone deny they even know you because it might be embarassing? PAIN
Have you ever just felt alone like no one is there to stand beside you? PAIN


No matter what your pain.......Jesus felt that pain and wants you to turn to Him for comfort.

Let Him be your healing in the pain.

No comments: