Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Let my actions speak of You


I've been reading through 1st John at the recommendation of my boyfriend and today the following verse stuck out to me.


"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." I John 4:18



My first thought was "Phewww". This is good. I am not good with expressing my love to others through my words so I can do this! I can show love through my actions.

However the next thought that quickly came was "man I can totally screw up with my actions too." Like when I am cranky and I just can't help not doing things without complaining inside OR outwardly. Or when my body is just too tired to even give one last ounce of outward energy towards another.

But this word from I John is so true as to how we need to show the love of Christ to others. So I am going to continually pray for spirit-controlled actions in my life that will let others see the love and truth of Christ because I don't want ME to get in the way of Him.

May His love be shown in you too!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Amen and amen! I think I need to read 1 John, too. Thanks, Angie.