Saturday, February 3, 2007

Faith to Move Mountains


Matthew 21:18-22
I remember as a little girl riding in the Buick with my family and looking out the window as we drove by the mountains in central PA. Probably on the way home from a trip to the Altoona mall or maybe a day at the local amusement park. But I remember closing my eyes and saying "God I know You said that if I just believe You can move that mountain". And I would squeeze my eyes even tighter........ completly believing that when I opened them the mountain would have moved because I KNEW God was real and everything He said in His word was true. I would open my eyes...........the mountain hadn't moved..............but I just thought "well I must not have believed enough!!!!". (Who knows maybe God really did move that mountain an inch to answer the prayer of a believing child? I am going to ask Him someday.)

But as I think back to that moment as a child I realize I need more of them in my life today. Far too often I pray to God and when I don't see that immediate and miraculous answer to my prayer I just want to give up.

"Oh ye of little faith!"

And honestly there have been times in my life when I have actually thought "What is the sense of even praying for that because is there really anything that can be done?".

"Oh ye of little faith!"

My prayer tonight is to have that faith of a child . To be able to go to God and ask Him to "move mountains" without having a single ounce of doubt in my soul that it can't be done.

"Jesus replied, I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt...........you can say to this mountain. 'Go throw yourself into the sea' and it will be done. If you believe you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer" Matthew 21:21-22 NIV

No comments: