Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My GOD of miracles


I was standing in the shower the other morning and I suddenly realized "I can see".
.................................Everything was clear.
I stood there amazed, confused, and in awe for a second because I thought that I had been miraculously healed. Normally when I don't have my contacts in everything within a foot of me is blurry, but here I was reading words on the shampoo bottle for the first time in my life.
Then the doubt started to set and I analyzed that most likely I had just been too tired the night before and hadn't taken my contacts out like I normally do.
BUT still having a little faith in my GOD of miracles I put some eyedrops in my eyes just to make sure my contacts were really in there.........sadly they were.
As a sat around thinking about this event later, the following thought occured to me. If God had healed me, I would have ran around my place screaming at the the top of my lungs and praising God with dance, singing and shouts of joy! I would have been filled with the need to share the miracle with others and to have them marvel in the miraculous One with me. I would have knelt in awe as never before unto the almighty and glorious Lord.
But then I became a little sad because I thought "Why would it take something so miraculous for me to do these things?" God is constantly doing miraculous things all around me yet I fail to really receive them as I should.
I should be dancing before the beauty of His creation.
I should be singing His praise for the ability to see beauty.
I should be telling others of the things He has brought me through in my life so that they can be blessed in the process too.
I should be kneeling in awe that I have been chosen to be a child of His.
And as I sang the words to the following song today I sang knelt in awe of my GOD of miracles.
You dance over me, While I am unaware
You sing all around, But I never hear the sound
Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
How You love me
You paint the morning sky, with miracles in mind
My hope will always stand, For You hold me in Your hand
Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
How You love me
"Amazed" Jared Anderson 2004

2 comments:

kaiti said...

Thats something I have trouble with all the time. One day I'll be praising God for everything in my life, like the beautiful afternoon that he blessed me with, or even my family/friends. The next I'll just not even bother. But yet I (we all) should be glorifying God every waking moment we have. Singing, dancing, and kneeling before Him.

p.s. This is my first comment on your site, and I'd like to say that it's a nice blog. I read through all your posts and they're very inspiring (well, some of them). Im glad that I finally got your site. :)

troy. said...

If we don't call out to Him with praise, the rocks will.

The rocks will...