Friday, June 3, 2011

9 months
















9 months ago today at about this time I was sitting on the couch having contractions about 6 minutes apart and getting excited to see my baby for the first time.


Today I am sitting on the couch holding my baby as he drifts off to sleep and marvelling at how much has happened over the last 9 months.


My baby has turned into a much bigger baby now crawling everywhere, standing up on everything and even starting to walk while holding on to things. (He especially loves to walk with his little blue push cart.) No longer is he a little baby that needs held constantly and snuggled (although luckily he stills likes those things some) now he is my "little buddy". Going from room to room with me as I clean house. Or sitting on the rug by my side playing with toys while I fold laundry. Or helping me teach a baby music class to other boys and girls. He does everything with me and goes everywhere with me.


My days are filled with fun and wonder as I watch him experiment with new things for the first time. And get a big smile at discovering how to make mommy laugh. Or giggling at funny sounds I make.


I am realizing that being a mom is wonderful! My job is no longer just a "teacher". I am a comedian, a cook, a nurse, and of course a teacher. And I love every aspect of it - even the late night drill sergeant role when it comes time for bedtime.


Love you little buddy!

1 comment:

love 101 said...

Awww thats sooo cute! I see that you are having a great time with your "little buddy"!