Thursday, June 21, 2007

The good in the bad


Tonight I realized once again how certain I am of God's hand in my relationship with the love of my life. Over the last two weeks I would say that probably 7 of the 14 days have brought up hard issues between us. Questions, doubts, fears, insecurities and trust issues. Today brought another one (which I take total credit for). When the hard issue arouse my intitial reaction was I just want to escape. I did not want to deal with it. I wanted out.




I prayed though because usually I realize this is the only thing that makes any sense, the only thing that will bring PEACE from the Prince of Peace and the only thing that will make things right.




And then I waited.




And soon I was sitting with the love of my life talking our way through all the hard stuff. Loving each other through things that could have caused pain and hurt but were worked through with the covering of our love for God and our love for each other.




And it has been this way each and everytime the hard issues have arouse. We are open with each other, we talk and God works in our hearts to bring us closer to Him and each other. I am thankful for the hard because of the Joy and Peace it gives me and for the fullness and closeness it brings me towards Troy.




As Troy said tonight "Are you going to stop praying for hard things anytime soon?" (I have been praying the God would bring out the hard questions we need to ask each other now.)


I don't know I seem to remember some verses in the Bible about sufferings building character and Christ-likeness;). So maybe prayers of hard will continue.




All I know is that I am thankful for the hard and for the good and love it brings. And I am thankful for a boy who talks and works through it all with me with the help and guidance of the Lord of our lives.

2 comments:

troy. said...

I could use a lot of fancy words in my reply, but I'll simply say that I love you.

Thank you for your courage, understanding and eyes that are focused on the One.

troy. said...

And He will see us through again.