Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Why must I suffer?


Lately I have just continued to ask God......WHY? Why must I suffer? Why must I hurt so much? Why do I have to be a part of this situation?

And I was reminded yesterday of all the lies Satan is feeding me. God doesn't WANT me to suffer. He doesn't WANT me to have to go through these circumstances. And He really doesn't WANT me to hurt.

BUT He does WANT me to be drawn to Him, to grow closer to Him, and to ultimately be more like Him.

And well I can see it. These momements of "unpleasentness" are drawing me closer to Him and closer to who He wants me to be. So right now I am looking at my circumstances as a blessing and joy to be closer to my God.

Romans 8:17 "If we are God's children, we will receive blessings from God together with Christ. But we must suffer as Christ suffered so that we will have glory as Christ has glory".

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey Ang... haven't talked to you in a while, but I'm praying for you... while I don't know what situations you are in, I could totally relate to what you said in your post...

Rachel said...

Romans 5:1-5
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."